National Defence Academy
- The national defence academy is an iconic institution in the sphere of military institution.
- It is one of the most prestigious armed forces.
- In NDA cadets of three service, The Army, The Navy and the Air Force are trained together
- It is the first tri service academy in the world.
- The students who wish to join NDA they have to go through written exam followed by UPSC and followed by extensive interviews.
- In the interview normal questions cover:
- General aptitude
- Psychological test
- Team skills
- Social skills
- Age limit : 16 to 19 years
- Schedule:NDA 2018 Exam will be organized two times in a year through offline mode (written test). NDA (II) will be held on 9th September 2018.
- Exam Mode:The exam will be conducted through offline mode.
- Answer Mode:Candidates must use black ball point pen to mark their answers.
- Exam Duration:The duration of the examination will be 2 hours 30 minutes.
- Type of Question:The question paper will be objective type questions.
- Paper:The NDA exam consists of 2 papers i.e. Mathematics and General Ability.
- Total Marks:The Mathematics paper contains 300 marks while General Ability test holds 600 marks. The written test will be of total 900 marks.
- Negative Marking:For every incorrect response, 0.33 marks will be deducted as negative marking in the examination.
- SSB Interview:After clearing the written test, candidates have to go through the SSB Interview. The interview process will have total 900 marks.
- Language:The question paper of Mathematics and PART B of General Ability test will be available in both English and Hindi languages.
- The written examination of NDA 2018 is structured as follows:
|General Ability Test (Section-1: English)||200|
|General Ability Test (Section-1: General Knowledge)||400|
NDA Syllabus 2018
Syllabus of NDA exam is divided into two sections, i.e. Mathematics and General Ability. For better preparations, students should prepare as per the syllabus prescribed for the exam. Here we have mentioned the detailed NDA 2018 syllabus:
Trigonometry, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus and Differential equations, Analytical Geometry of two and three dimensions, Probability, Algebra, Vector Algebra, Matrices and Determinants: Types of Matrices, Determinant of a matrix, Statistics.
General Ability Syllabus:
This section comprises of two parts, i.e. Part A & Part B. The part A contains topics like English vocabulary, Grammar and usage, comprehension and cohesion in extended text to test the candidate’s proficiency in English. Part B comprises of different topics from General Knowledge, Chemistry, Physics, General Science, History, Current Events & Geography.